Could Working on a Cruise Ship be Your Travel Dream Job?
If you are dreaming of travelling the world while working at the same time, have you considered looking for employment on a cruise ship?
Imagine waking up each morning in a different beautiful port city as you make your way through tropical islands on peaceful Caribbean cruises! Getting a job on a cruise also means that you will be working with interesting travel-minded and enthusiastic people from all over the world.
There are many different job opportunities on a cruise ship. Food service staff and housekeeping are always needed, but there are also positions for child care providers, tour guides, medical staff, security officers, retail assistants and a lot more. No matter what type of job experience you have, chances are that there will be a position on a cruise ship which would suit you.
One of the other major advantages of working on a cruise ship is also that you can have the potential to save a lot of money. You will be paid a wage, and your accommodation and food will all be free. With no bills or rent to pay, you will save a huge chunk of your earnings which is great if you are planning another big travel trip after your cheap Caribbean cruises adventure.
Before you get too excited and think that working on a cruise ship would be 100% amazing all the time, don’t forget that there are some disadvantages as well. First of all, it is very difficult to get a job on a cruise liner and so the job application process will be somewhat of an ordeal. Also, working on a cruise ship can mean that you work long hours, and often work every day of the week.
You will also have to get used to living on the cramped quarters of a ship. You will not have a lot of personal space, and might be sharing a cabin with someone else. If you suffer from seasickness or don’t like sleeping in a room with no windows, you might not be comfortable living on a cruise ship.
How to Get The Job
If you have read through the following section and think, “yeah, I could handle that,” and you want to get started on the path to becoming a cruise ship worker and sailing away on exciting cheap Caribbean cruises, what is the first step in the job search process?
- First of all, make sure that your CV is current and looks as impressive as possible. Include any relevant experience and training for the position you are applying for. Write a well crafted cover letter which highlights the reasons why you are a great candidate for the position.
- Always target your CV to a particular position, rather than applying for any position available.
- If you are not picky about where you travel to, you will have more choice of positions, so apply to everything from cheap Caribbean cruises to luxury Scandinavian cruises and other positions all over the world!
- If you get an interview with a cruise line, it can be a good idea to do some research on the company in advance so that you appear knowledgeable.
- If you get the job, you will need to take medical exams, receive a first aid qualification, and obtain any relevant visas for the country you will be working in.
Interested in exploring the many aspects of the Caribbean? Book your cheap Caribbean cruises today!