- Image via Wikipedia
Telluride, Colorado was voted as the top 10 ski destinations by Ski magazines. The terrains offer some of the most exotic trails that every skiier would love to explore. Not only is it an excellent destination to visit during the winters, but it is an all year round destination. Those looking for a luxurious holiday to the Telluride Mountains will find a list of things that it is famous for.
Here is the top 10 list of some of the best things that you can do at Telluride:
1. Helisking – Nothing better than to Heli-ski in Telluride, where you are taken to the top in a helicopter and then you ski down the beaten snow path. Telluride heliski is an experience that you will never forget.
2. Skiing – Telluride as mentioned is one of the best ski destinations in the United States and had donned several ski magazines with its awesome trails and ski expeditions. When it Telluride you are sure to enjoy this sport. Most Telluride luxury chalets will provide you with skiing equipment.
3. Skating – The best two joints that you could try ice-skating at Telluride is the Mountain Village and the Harlely Ice Rink. This sport wil thrill people of all ages, infact this is the first place that visitors come to when in Telluride
4. Ice climbing – Winter in Telluride is beautiful with waterfalls from the San Juan Mountains freezing up to offer visitors a huge playground to enjoy on. This makes a great place for ice climbing, and most luxury chalets in Tellulide store equipment for their visitors.
5. Dog Sledging – Explore the Alaskan wilderderness on a dog sledge. You can learn everything right from harnessing to how to travel and experience the rough winter wonderland.
6. Snow Mobiling – Telluride’s expanse from Ghost Town to Hot Springs during winters is covered in ice, and the only way to traverse is via a snow mobile. It is a great way to view the scenery and experience the roughed life first hand.
7. Spas – After a day of snow mobiling, heli sking and dog sledging you need to relax. There is nothing better than a spa treatment that will rejuvenate your self.
8. Shopping – Telluride has some amazing shopping arcades where you will find contemporary jewely, art galleries, boutiques and is a great place to shop for outdoor sports equipment.
9. Food – There is no better way than to unwind and enjoy some scrumptious meal that Telluride has to offer.
10. Nightlife – You can later unwind at some of their upscale nightclubs where some places even play live music.